Sunday, February 15, 2009

"The Metropolitan Museum of Art" Sunday, February 15, 2009







Greetings fellow Bloggers!

What a weekend I had, where do I start? O.k. I was suppose to go to the Met on Saturday with my son, that didn't happen. I had problems with my car. On Thursday on my way from the mall I got a flat tire, put air in it and was on my way... Friday after work I took my car to Town Fair Tire to get it repaired because I knew I was going to New York. When I got there I was told that it was not repairable, so I was going to get a new tire, but before I did I asked the guy if my rim was cracked he checked and it was; I had a feeling that it may have been because of a pothole I hit some months ago. I had the rim repaired about six months ago, so I hit another huge pothole a few days ago and I think this is why it cracked again. So to make a long story short, I had to get up early Saturday morning call around for a rim, the places I called had to order it and they would not get it until next week and they were asking $140. So the last place I called said $80 and they would have it on Tuesday, so I asked if I could go to where they called to get it, I got the number and called and the man I spoke with said it would be $60 because it was a grade D meaning not too good. I went to plantsville (near Southington) to Chuck and Eddie's got the rim, it was in perfect condition, better than the other 3 on my car. So I go to Town Fair Tire to try to buy a tire for the rim, but my tires were all mixed matched and too big for my car so I had to get 4 new tires. Anyway, I finally made it to The Met today, I had to go alone because I took my son back to school (Choate)last night. I had a good experience, the hardest thing was finding a parking spot. I paid $5; it's suggested $10 for students but my tires set me back a bit. ...Check my blog a little later for my photos and paper. Nikki

1 comment:

Jerry said...

Sorry about your car troubles, Nikki!