Monday, January 26, 2009

Link to my blog and tentative museum schedule

Hello again,

Please accept this message as a formal invitation to read my blog! The address to get there is: http://greenwoman69.blogspot.com/ and I will be adding to it often, so come back often!


I have one question with regard to setting up my museum schedule and that is "Do galleries count as museums?" The reason I ask is because some Galleries, for instance the Yale Art Gallery, is really a museum but other galleries are just that -- a place to view and buy art. Please advise as to whether or not some of the "galleries" in the Hudson Valley (NY) area would count as a museum experience and thanks!

My tentative museum schedule is the following:

1/31/09 -- Yale University Art Gallery, New Haven: They will be opening a fantastic exhibition by the name of Picasso: The Allure of Language this Wednesday.

2/7/09 -- Wadsworth Atheneum, Hartford: I went when I was a little kid...this should be an adventure!

2/14/09 -- MASS MoCA in North Adams, MA: fantastic installation of Sol LeWitt that just makes you grin! I was there for the opening which gave me no time to explore the rest of the museum -- not the best way to visit a museum for the first time, but this visit will make up for it!

2/20-2/22/09 -- The Met, the Guggenheim, and hopefully the Frick in NYC: I have never been to any of these museums, so I figured that I would make a full weekend out of it and just do it! Is there such a thing as an overdose of art?

2 comments:

C.M.B Day Spa said...

If you are going up to Mass. you should try to go to the MFA in Boston. I've visited that museum many times and always enjoy myself. Boston is a cool town! Thanks for info on the Yale Art Galary Wdnesday event..

Ryan said...

Hello! Welcome to the class!